My Blog List

Wednesday 21 November 2012

UFO Tuesday - almost finished project

Okay I goofed up!  I had every intention of putting a zipper in the back of my pillow, but forgot to purchase it.  I got so carried away with making the front and then doing the quilting, that I just simply forgot.  Yikes sorry, too much on my mind.

Cynthia Frenette did a presentation at our Langley Quilters Guild in October and I purchased a few pieces of fabric from her. She brought some of her fabric to sell at the presentation.  I really like the spools of thread (511590kc - CLRV2) on this small piece of fabric.  I knew from the start I wanted to make a pillow to us on my sewing chair.

  I trimmed the "thread block" with tone on tone (lime green and darker lime green spots), and then framed it in with hot pink



 Starting the quilting












Top of the pillow quilting finished.  I also played with a bit of 'free motion' and tried to make it appear as if there was thread twisted up.  Yikes, need more practise with the free motion part.

I will run out and purchase the  zipper tomorrow and show the complete "completed pillow" tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment