My Blog List

Monday 12 November 2012

Mystery Mondays - on the design wall

I found the pattern for this block in the Modern Blocks (99 Quilt Blocks) by Susanne Woods.  

This book contains 99 Quilt Blocks from several designers. 

The block I am making is called "Seeing DOUBLE" by Yvonne Malone.   It's a 12 inch block. 


...just playing around, nothing sewn yet, just moving pieces around to get the combination I like....




...I like these lighter colors as the first row around the gold centre square (see below).

...starting to add the second row of the gold fabric around...


3 different combinations...


I am adding the darker 2nd row of fabric after the gold fabric like a picture frame..

It's hard work but I will continue to play and sew some more squares. 

Yahoo - playing with fabric and sewing what could be more fun on a  "rainy Monday"


No comments:

Post a Comment