My Blog List

Wednesday 8 August 2012

Project Finished


My first quilting magazine I subscribed to is "Quilter's World."  On the cover of the July issue I received was their version of Drunkards Path.  I made it and modified it slightly to what I wanted.  Here it is on my design wall at the beginning tags of it.  My design wall is a very small space.  I work in my Laundry room, so I do my best with the space I have.  A girl has to do what a girl has to do.  

I changed it up a bit and added the extra row on the 4 colours trying to make it appear as if it was turning the corner on top of the fabric, while the others went underneath the fabric.  Not sure I accomplished what i was hoping for, but it was great fun.   I also made my sashing around the edge in the same "bleeding hearts" fabric by "Free Spirit". This is a really great quality fabric, and is becoming a favourite. 


The quilting is just a simple meandering.

Here it is with the binding on it.  I selected black binding 


I did not have enough fabric to complete the back in one color.  I used a variety of left over fabric from making the quilt for the back.  

Hope you enjoy my finished  project.

No comments:

Post a Comment