My Blog List

Saturday 8 September 2012

Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild,We're 2


FVMQG - Fraser Valley Modern Quilt Guild  - is 2 YEARS young!

A "SEW IN" was organized to make this great event.


There were door prizes - lots of door prizes - lots of goodies - and a Bunting Exchange of Celebration.  The bunting exchange; if you brought bunting you were entered into the exchange to receive a different bunting than the one you brought.

Cynthia made these very beautiful yummy pink iced cupcakes with the most adorable flag noting the FVMQG  logo on one side, and "we're 2" - celebrating the Guild's 2nd year anniversary on the other side.

Lysa brought awesome Lemonade..did I say "lots" of Lemonade.  It required us all to drink 5 glasses each so she did not have to take any home.


I won - my door prize; donated by Cathy (our Miss September 2012), consisted of a piece of awesome pink fabric with a tag that read: "1 yard of thrifted Marimekko home decor weight fabric, along with a hard cover journal to cover."

Yikes the pressure is on to make the cover for the journal.  I have never made a cover for a journal, but she does make it sound easy.  Thanks Cathy again for the door prize, and I am very happy to have won it... I'll do my best to post the picture of my new journal in the next day or two, and make you proud of my journal too.

I also won a  Package of 4, Me and My Sister Designs (Amanda, Dora, Charlotte and Bertha) donted by Rachel.   These 4 patterns make smaller quilts (from 19" x19" to as large as 31.5" x 31.5"), that she said will look awesome when done.  She said they are great patterns to help reduce your scraps.  We can never be too short of patterns for scraps, which seem to always be there, and seem never to end. Possibly I can make 1 of each pattern type and put them together to make a larger quilt.  Thank you very much Rachel (aka the Guild's Miss March 2012), you are an inspiration to us all.

I'd better get looking through my scraps and get these started.


 I received Bunting made by Sherri (Miss Oct 2011) in the "bunting exchange."   She was so cleaver in that she made her bunting with folded up 5" square that could be unpicked and removed from the bias tape to incorporate in another project if you wish.  Sherri a very clever idea indeed.

All in all it was a great Sew In and I was very happy to have been part of the celebration and festivities.

Again, "thanks to all the ladies," who made the 2nd Anniversary of the FVMQG so GREAT!

A big thanks to everyone!!!!!!
Debbie


1 comment: