My Blog List

Friday 7 September 2012

Kona Modern Challenge - Cynthia Frenette Designer for Robert Kaufman Fabrics

Yikes, I am behind and have only just decided exactly what I am going to make!  This was a bit of a process due to the size of "print fabric" we received, although we can add Kona solids.  I had dreams of making a bag, then a quilt etc.  As a fairly new quilter my creative brain is sometimes lacking creative ideas.  With only 1/2 yard of the printed fabric given to each participant, it's kind of like shopping with champagne taste on a beer budget.  I do realize this is part of the challenge, but yikes it's not easy.

My friend Cathy at  cathy-blueberrypatch.blogspot.ca is so organized, and I really mean organized.  She has posted this morning her finished project, and it is great!  She is an awesome quilter and is very inspiring.  Check out her quilt.  I am sure you'll love it too!

I am hopeful I can post my completed project in the next day or two.  I am going to a sew in tomorrow with  Cathy and Cynthia Frenette cynthiaf.ca . Cynthia is the designer of the Kona Modern Collection for Robert Kaufman.   Merlot is the name of the 1/2 yard piece I received (please see my Aug 10, 2012 post so you can see the fabric piece I received).  I am hopeful I can get some help and assistance with my project from these very talented ladies.

"A quilter can always use some help from her Quilting Sisters."








No comments:

Post a Comment